Monday 3 September 2012

A day of two halves



First Half.  Golden Girl Natasha did it again; she blew the opposition away and landed a Gold medal winning 82.800%, over 5% ahead of the Silver medallist.  Natasha has had a Games to remember, her first Paralympics and well deserved by someone who has taken advantage of all the support on offer through World Class and has a dedicated and talented Team around her.  Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Second Half.  Lee Pearson used all his talents to produce a Test in quality that would have been well beyond what most riders could have achieved on a horse that was not at the top of his game.  That is what 3 of the 5 judges thought placing him in Silver, one Judge had Lee in 5th and one had him in 11th.  Overall that put Lee in Bronze on 74.200% with Silver going to Finland with a score of 74.250%.  As I have said before, if you do not like being judged, do not do Dressage; I am not sure how much I liked Dressage this afternoon – I think that is all I will say on that subject.  Pepo Puch (AUT) thoroughly deserved Gold and heads home with two medals, a wonderful achievement and thoroughly deserved.

I think I will sign off now.

1 comment: